This is an anytime, anywhere online video training - As soon as you enroll, you will have instant access to the recorded training and can watch from any Internet connection, on your own schedule, as often as you like.
Figure Out What's Slowing Your Collaboration Down ... and Fix It!
By now we all really get that thinking and working collaboratively “pays” in many ways for our organizations and the community as a whole. But that doesn’t mean creating and sustaining meaningful partnership is trouble-free – have you noticed?
Take these three scenarios:
- Your community collaboration seems to have stalled out. Your team is losing steam and you can’t figure out why, much less what to do about it.
- Yikes! You all were sailing along beautifully and suddenly an issue you thought your team had sorted out a long time ago is rearing its ugly head and jamming the works . . . again.
- Conflict! All right, we’re not talking open argument here, but some really strong differences of opinion have surfaced and you’re all spinning around in circles and never really getting anything resolved.
Sound familiar? Good news - you’re not alone. All these “problems” aren’t really problems at all, but symptoms of very common and predictable partnership challenges. And every one is fixable and even preventable. In this lively session:
- We'll talk frankly about collaboration ... what makes it hard ... what makes it worth it ... and how to make it work.
- You'll learn the five reasons I say, unequivocally, that partnership is the single most powerful accelerator and amplifier of our grants success.
- You'll learn about three powerful, simple tools that can help you get to the bottom of what might slow your collaboration down ... now or in the future.
- And you'll have a chance to put those new tools and new insights to work right away on one (or all three!) of our true-to-life case-study scenarios.
The bottom line? You will be prepared with tools, protocols, and other resources to inspire, facilitate, and lead collaborative efforts in your own community.
3 video lessons, total run-time 1 hr 38 min (allow additional time for do-it-yourself exercises)
Over her 25+-year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter; a independent grants consultant (winning more than $42 million for her clients over 10 years); a grants project manager; a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and - since 2006 - even a grantmaker.
This done-it-all background gives her the unique 3-D "insider's" perspective she brings to the practical and inspiring trainings on healthy, successful grantsmanship that she has been blessed to share with thousands of nonprofits of every size, nationally and internationally as well.
GrantsMagic U, launched in fall 2015, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of grantsmanship trainings available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere.
GrantsMagic U is an Approved Continuing Education Provider for both the Grant Professionals Certification (GPC) and Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials.
Since 2006 Maryn has also been “in the grantmaker’s chair,” managing up to $2 million annually in grantmaking for K-12 education in the Southwest.
Maryn considers herself a dual citizen in the grants world, and may be the only person to hold concurrent membership in both GPA (Grant Professionals Association, for grantseekers) and GEO (Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, for grantmakers). In 2020 she became just the second inductee into the International Grant Professionals Class of Distinguished Fellows for her long record of service and contributions to the field.