GrantsMagic U community members:
Check your email for a special 50%-off GrantsMagic U invitation and offer!
(Not a GrantsMagic U community member yet? Check here for details and to sign up.)
This is an anytime, anywhere online video training - As soon as you enroll, you will have instant access to the recorded training and can watch from any Internet connection, on your own schedule, as often as you like.
Figure Out What's Slowing Your Collaboration Down ... and Fix It!
By now we all really get that thinking and working collaboratively “pays” in many ways for our organizations and the community as a whole. But that doesn’t mean creating and sustaining meaningful partnership is trouble-free – have you noticed?
Take these three scenarios:
- Your community collaboration seems to have stalled out. Your team is losing steam and you can’t figure out why, much less what to do about it.
- Yikes! You all were sailing along beautifully and suddenly an issue you thought your team had sorted out a long time ago is rearing its ugly head and jamming the works . . . again.
- Conflict! All right, we’re not talking open argument here, but some really strong differences of opinion have surfaced and you’re all spinning around in circles and never really getting anything resolved.
Sound familiar? Good news - you’re not alone. All these “problems” aren’t really problems at all, but symptoms of very common and predictable partnership challenges. And every one is fixable and even preventable. In this lively session we’ll look at three powerful, simple tools for understanding what’s going on when your collaboration seems to be going wrong, and what to do about it:
- The Life Cycle of Successful Partnerships: What to Expect, and When
- The Bottom-Up Logic Model: Mapping, Managing, and Evaluating Collaborative Impact
- Collaboration Assessment Checklist: How Are We Doing? And How Can We Do Better?
5 video lessons, total run-time 1 hr 38 min (allow additional time for do-it-yourself exercises)
Maryn Boess is a veteran nonprofit professional, social entrepreneur, and leader in capacity-building and grantsmanship training.
Over her 20+-year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter; an independent grants consultant; a grants project manager; a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and - yes - for the past 9 years, even a grantmaker.
Maryn’s grant proposals won more than $42 million for her clients in a single ten-year period. Since 2000 she has created a portfolio of high-quality, low-cost grants information tools, resources, and workshops shared by thousands of nonprofits nationwide. For the past nine years Maryn has also been “in the grantmaker’s chair," managing up to $2 million annually in grantmaking for K-12 education in the Southwest.
A resident of the Pacific Northwest, Maryn travels nationally to offer her workshops on practical strategies for healthy, successful grantseeking. GrantsMagic U, launched in fall 2015, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of practical and inspiring trainings on successful grantsmanship available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere.